Pumpkin Mac-n-Cheese - Gina's Gourmet
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (8oz)
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried leaf sage, crushed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Fontina cheese shredded (1 cup)
- Sharp cheddar shredded (1 cup)
- 1 jar Gina’s Gourmet Pumpkin Spread (9 oz)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped bacon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
Sage leaves (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta in a large pot following package directions. Drain cooked pasta, then return to pot.
In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add whipping cream and milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, pumpkin spread, and sage until cheese is melted. Stir cheese sauce into pasta to coat. Transfer macaroni and cheese to an ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, bacon, and oil; sprinkle over pasta. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with sage leaves and additional bacon.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection